Part-time Nursery Attendant Sunday Mornings (Infants and Toddler)
The Nursery Attendant is responsible for the care of infants and toddlers during Sunday morning 8:00 AM and 10:45 am worship services, Sunday morning fellowship time, and Sunday School Faith Development. We are seeking an adult to provide a consistent presence for very young children. This individual should be warm, loving, and work to provide an environment that reassures young parents as they leave their babies in the nursery. $10 per hour.
• Open and set up the church nursery at 7:30 am on Sunday mornings
• Clean up nursery by 1:30 pm Sunday mornings (Clean-up between worship services)
• Provide light custodial services (i.e. cleaning up spills, wiping counters) as needed
• Check in/out all children, collecting any information needed
• Engage the children in creative play, songs, stories, and otherwise provide a happy, wholesome nursery experience
• Monitor condition of nursery equipment and supplies and alert Associate Pastor or Director of Children’s Ministries of any needs
• Other duties as assigned for other events, activities, and special worship services.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, especially dealing with parents and children in a professional manner.
• Childcare experience necessary. Please provide references.
• Understanding of basic first aid, including child/infant CPR training, Safe Sanctuary training (or must be willing to become certified)
• Must be willing to provide all aspects of childcare, including changing diapers and giving bottles
• Flexibility and creativity in solving problems/conflicts
The Nursery Attendant is supervised by the Associate Pastor, Director of Children’s Ministries reports to Associate Pastor, Senior Pastor, and the Staff Parish Relations Committee. The Nursery Attendant and is expected to work with other nursery staff, and volunteers; and in a cooperative relationship with facility, program and administrative staff, church leadership, and members.
Contact or Send Resume: (email only please)
Pastor Monica Jefferson, 314-837-4233, email@example.com, Senior Pastor
Carole Allen, firstname.lastname@example.org, Chair of the Staff-Parish Relations Committee, or
St. Andrew United Methodist Church, 3975 N. US Highway 67, Florissant, MO 63034.